How to look slimWhether you’ve got a hot date or big interview, read on for some great tips on how to look slimmer.
1. Buy clothes that fit you. Whether you are a size 8 or a size 48, if you wear the wrong size clothes, you’ll end up looking bigger than you are. Wearing clothes that are too tight leads to bulges and lumps, just as choosing clothes which are too large adds to your size and makes you look bigger. Try things on before you buy them!
2. Choose items which skim over areas you want to disguise. For instance, if you want to make your tummy look flatter, move away from skin tight vests, and choose a flattering tunic. Instead of choosing a mini skirt, hide chunky thighs under a floaty skirt. However if you go baggy, this will also make you look larger.
3. Make sure you are wearing the right underwear. This is important Thongs and g-strings are all well and good if you have no fat on your body, but if you want to give the illusion of a skinny figure, go for supportive styles which help to pull in the tummy. A well fitting bra can also help to create a smoother slimmer figure.
4. Highlight your good bits. If you have a beautiful slender neck, but a bit of weight on your waistline, draw attention to your neck with an eye catching necklace, or other accessories. If you have toned arms, wear a sleeveless top to make the most of your assets.
5. Work on your posture. Stand up straight, pull your stomach in, and your shoulders back. You can practice posture by balancing a book on your head and walking – the book shouldn’t fall off! Whenever you get the chance, look in the mirror and make sure you are not hunched over. This is possibly the MOST important tip, as bad posture can add pounds visually.
6. Wear more black! Black virtually slims out everyone, and reduces the appearance of belly fat, muffin tops, and love handles. Black can easily be dressed up with a nice colored belt and jewelery.
* Black is great as a quick fix as it is very slimming (but only if it fits properly.).
* Vertical stripes give the illusion of slimness, but watch out – horizontal stripes do the opposite.
o When choosing vertical stripes, go for the narrow ones. Broad stripes can make you look larger. However, be aware that very clingy and tight vertically striped clothing will accentuate every blip and bulge. Pinstriped formal shirts from good stores are cute and thinning.
* Be confident – it’s the best way to make people notice you!
* Just because it’s the latest fad doesn’t mean it’ll look good on you. Learn to choose clothes that flatter your figure, and not just because it’s the hottest style. If you must, try to select a variant of the style that will work best for you. You can also wear the latest accessories with classic well-fitting pieces to combine fashionable and flattering.
* Never wear anything shiny or bright over an area you are trying to hide.
* Contrary to popular belief, larger people can wear brighter colored clothes as long as their clothes work with their body and fit properly.
* Straight legged (or slightly boot cut) trousers create an unbroken line down your leg. This will make you appear taller and therefore skinnier.
* Peg legs make a round bottom look like an ice cream cone. Boot cut pants balance out the rear.
* Go for side or rear fastenings if you are a girl – front flies are for guys and will make your stomach bulge out.
* Invest in a tailor made suit – or several. Too expensive? There are companies in Hong Kong or Thailand that make made-to-measure suits for less. You might want to combine your vacation with clothes buying.
* Go for bell-shaped sleeves for big arms.
* A universally flattering style of top is the “empire” cut. This cut has a band or some type of visual interest right bellow the bust. This style helps to draw the eye upward toward your face and to skim the stomach and make it appear flat.
o Be aware that if the band of the top sits on your bust rather than below it, the effect is negative instead of positive. Choose an empire cut that fits your bust size.
* Try not to divide your body into sections. For example, a chest, a torso, and legs. Try to make your body appear as one unit. Dresses and matching colours can be lifesavers and make you look taller, therefore slimmer.
* Pants MUST be perfect length. Too small makes you look like your clothes are too small (or you are too big!) and too long gives the appearance that you are shorter than average pant size.
* Learn what colors suit you.
* Be confident and proud of your body! You’re beautiful, even if you aren’t the skinniest person on the planet. Hey, who is? Love your body for what it is. Just think of clothes that camouflage your tummy as an added bonus for being so wonderful!
* Go out and live your life; don’t worry so much about how you look. The people that truly care about you will love you for what’s inside, not how you look on the outside– big or small.
* Choose pants with a smooth front: no pleats! Pleated pants poof out below the waistband, drawing attention to your stomach.
* When buying pants, pay attention to the rise. Too high a rise can create the illusion of a tummy even if you have a 6-pack, and too low a rise can lead to belly pooch hanging over the top of your jeans–not pretty!
* You don’t have to be skinny in order to be pretty. Don’t be obsessed with making yourself thin.
* Always dress to be yourself. If someone doesn’t like you, 9 times out of 10 it’s because you’re not their type, not because you’re too “fat”.
3975 total views, 1 today