Portfolio is a set of professionally clicked pictures of a model in various dresses, looks make-up and expressions. It’s like a passport to modeling world. Good portfolio gives a chance to the client or agency to visualize that model in their forthcoming shoot so that they can choose him/her accordingly. A good portfolio shot by an experienced photographer not only enhances your chance of getting a good break in fashion industry but also gives you a right start and confidence. Since portfolio is your first step to enter into the glamour world it has to be handled very carefully. It should highlight your beauty , moods, expressions and emotions. In our portfolio shoots we consider following points.
1) Basic Look or (Face Shot)
2) Casual Look ( the college going look or regular look)
3) Formal Look (Gown Look) its party look. It comes out nice with 5 feet 6 inches or above girls. This type of look is essential if they are planning to participate in a contest.
4) Indian Look. A truly Indian touch to make you look divine and homely.
5) Optional Look swimwear/ executive.
Should carry : 1) For Face Shot: various tops like (bustier, halter, speghetti, tube top or any other nice type.)
2) Casual Look: Jeans& top, jeans &shirt, Short dress one piece, skirt & top, Jeans & jacket, Leather pant &top.
3) Formal Look: Well Fitted evening Gowns.
4) Indian Look: A Well-designed saree with heavy work with matching jewellery or a pretty lahenga with jewellery.
5) Optional Look: A nice colorful Swimwear/Bikini/Executive suit / Smart blazer with shirt & trouser. ACCESSORIES: Lots of bangles, earnings, necklace, belts, caps, goggles, hats, shoes like stilettos, boots, scarf, and ties. Inner: padded and pushup bra: skin & black gestning. (Waxing, upper lips, eyebrows, underarms, whole body including stomach.) Shampoo, pedicure, bleech. Carry make remover body oil deodorant Fresh flowers.
1) Basic Look (Face Shot)
2) Casual Look (the college going look)
3) Semi Formal (this is like allensoly kind of look for your official look.)
4) Formal Look (this is a complete look for party or to make you look more mature or manly dashing.)
5) Optional Look (Body shot or Black and White face shots)
Should carry: 1) Face shot: T-shirts round neck high neck or check shirts (colorful)
2) Casual Look: Good pair of jeans &t- shirts rounds neck (or v neck) along with a smart jacket (leather denim or sporty.)
3) Semi formal: Well ironed plane shirt with bright colors with matching ties. Color like purple, blue, black in grey English green, red, black & white.) 4) Suit: this is very important.
5) Fitting to be really good (not to long or short.) 6) Front open with collars and three or four buttons. Color like black, grey, dark blue, English brown, dark green.
1) Full length in various poses.
2) Face Shot
3) Mix Shots B/W Naughty/ Buddy / happy looks with fun & activities.
Kids should carry: Lots of colorful shorts, jeans, t- shirts, caps, hats, dungries, capries, soft toys, goggles, sports equipment.
Some General Posing Tips:
** Don’t hold your breath for a pose. The concentration usually shows in the picture.
** Hold in your stomach to give a more toned appearance to the abdomen (even if you are in great shape).
** Most people, including models, do not have very good posture. Unless you’re going for a casual look, keep your back straight and your shoulders up.
** Don’t keep both arms entirely straight unless directed to do so for a specific pose. Bend one or both arms, even if only a little, to make the pose look less artificial. Likewise, don’t keep both legs entirely straight.
** Don’t always look straight at the camera. Instead, use a variety of head and eye positions: Try turning your head, tilting your neck to one side or the other, or looking off to the side for some poses.
** Don’t use a big smile for every pose. Sometimes try a small smile, a pout, a laugh, a scowl, or even a frown, to give some variety to your facial expressions.
** Listen to what the photographer tells you. He can see you through the camera. You can’t.